The PearlFection Blog
Frederick Area Dental Practice is the #1 Reviewed Dentist in the State of Maryland
On January 17th 2019 PearlFection Dentistry crossed a milestone. They became the first dentist in the State of Maryland and perhaps in the United States to cross the 500th review on Google, while maintaining a 5-star rating. It took them 8 year to accomplish this goal.
How did they accomplish this feat, when industry statistics say an average person is 10 times more likely to write a negative review on-line than a positive review and when so many people have a fear of dentists?
We went searching for answers as to what makes PearlFection Dentistry different and here’s what we learned about the practice:PearlFection Dentistry have never paid a patient to write a review
- For 8 years PearlFection Dentistry has maintained a 4.9-star review on Google
- PearlFection’s has 9 dentists working at the practices including four general dentists, an endodontist, an oral surgeon, an orthodontist, a periodontist and a prosthodontist and every one of these doctors has received 5-star reviews. Having all these specialists means PearlFection Dentistry almost never needs to send a patient to an outside specialist, because all dental work can be done at the same place.
- PearlFection Dentistry is open 6 days per week and one of their practices, in either Urbana Maryland or Frederick Maryland is open approximately 12 hours per day and they do dental care on Saturdays and weekends
- PearlFection’s dental team is obsessed with customer service, from the first phone call to making sure that they don’t overbook, patient’s time and care is of the utmost concern.
- PearlFection takes all PPO Insurances, including Delta Dental, Cigna and United Concordia
- In December of 2017 PearlFection Dentistry in Frederick opened a state-of-the-art dental facility on Thomas Johnson Drive with 14 operatories and 2 surgical suites. The practice grew over the years and needed more room. They moved from 196 Thomas Johnson Drive, where they had been for approximately 20 years, to just down the road to 60 Thomas Johnson Drive. The practice bought the new building so they could control their own destiny and designed it, the parking area and landscaping and views with patient comfort in mind.
- PearlFection Dentistry can perform all levels of sedation dentistry for Frederick Maryland and Urbana Maryland regional patients including IV sedation, oral sedation and nitrous oxide sedation.
- PearlFection Dentistry treats pediatric patients, adults, and seniors. Many of the nursing homes in Frederick send their residence to PearlFection Dentistry for care.
- PearlFection Dentistry tries to reserve same day dentistry open slots for emergency patients. It’s not always possible but emergencies are given preferential treatment.
- PearlFection Dentistry is owned by their local doctors and has rejected offers by corporate, Wall Street types for any type of buyout because the owner doctors believe that corporate dentistry might sacrifice quality of dental care
- PearlFection Dentistry does not let insurance companies dictate treatment of patients and has successfully remained independent from State and private insurance carriers
With these facts under our belt, we caught up with Stewart Stringer, PearlFection Dentistry’s general manager and asked him, “Why, in this age of insurance driven healthcare, is PearlFection Dentistry able to provide such high-quality dental care, at fees below the regional average, and with such high customer satisfaction that you have over 500 reviews on Google?”
Stew’s answer was, “It’s pretty simple, we have a great team, totally dedicated to an exception customer experience.”
We continued, “but certainly lot of dental practices have great teams, what makes you different.”
Stew answered, “Over the past 8 years, we have worked to bring together the best general dentists, the best hygienists, the best oral surgeons, the best orthodontists, the best periodontists, the best prosthodontists and the best endodontists, we eventually hit a tipping point, where it all jelled and almost all our dentistry was performed under one roof, by a team that was in constant communication, what happened next was simple exception dental care. The doctors knew each other’s style and the result was some of the best dentistry in Maryland and for that matter in the region. We don’t cut corners when it comes to care. We use the best equipment, the best labs and the best doctors and the result is great dental care. The beneficiaries are our patients. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great dentists and specialists in this area, and we sometimes refer to them, but we have a unique practice.”
Some dental practices are content with a solid doctor team, but PearlFection Dentistry goes beyond that. Each front desk member, each assistant and each hygienist spend hours and hours in training to not only provide great professional work but also exception customer service. At PearlFection Dentistry, it’s a total experience, from the first phone call to establish a new patient, to the clinical results, we want to provide an exception experience.
Sign me up! 500 patients who took time out of their busy schedule to write a review and tell the world about this hidden gem, right in our little town of Frederick and Urbana Maryland, can’t be wrong.
If you want to schedule an appointment at PearlFection Dentistry for either general dentistry, emergency dentistry, orthodontic or braces, wisdom teeth extractions, crowns, bridges, tooth whitening, even root canals or Botox, give them a call, Frederick’s phone number is (301) 663-5550 Urbana’s Phone number is (301) 831-8303.
When you're in dental pain, all you want is relief. At Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD, we offer fast and accurate emergency dentistry in a compassionate, state-of-the-art environment. If you have an urgent dental problem, contact our office right away for first aid advice and a same-day appointment. Read below for information about various dental emergencies and how you can respond.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Severe pain, compromise of oral function, or the appearance of hard to control bleeding all constitute a dental emergency. Most can be handled by your emergency dental care team at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD.
Here are some examples of dental emergencies and how you can care for them on your way to seeing your dentist at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick:
- Avulsed Tooth: Accidental injury may knock a tooth out of its socket. However, if replanted by your dentist within the hour, that tooth can sometimes be saved. Rinse the tooth with clear water, put its roots down into the socket, and hold it in place on your way to see the dentist. If you cannot replace it, put the tooth in a sealed container, and cover it with milk, water, or saliva.
- Chipped Tooth: If possible, save the pieces; your dentist may be able to bond them in place with tooth-colored composite resin. More extensive damage could require a porcelain crown.
- Broken Orthodontic Wire or Loose Bracket: Use orthodontic wax to cover the rough edges, and bring the appliance to Pearlfection Dentistry for repair.
- A throbbing Toothache: Take over the counter acetaminophen or ibuprofen (not aspirin). Apply ice to the jaw to reduce swelling as needed.
- Broken Denture or Lost Filling or Crown: Bring the denture or restoration to the dental office for repair.
- Foreign Material Lodged Between Teeth: Try to dislodge it with dental floss. If this doesn't work, see your dentist as soon as possible.
A Word of Advice
Children, in particular, suffer a lot of dental emergencies in falls and sports mishaps. If possible, keep a small dental emergency kit on hand containing gauze, bottled water, dental floss, resealable plastic bags, and vinyl gloves. To be extra prepared, put Pearlfection Dentistry's phone number in your contacts for quick reference.
Contact Us Today!
At Pearlfection Dentistry, we want you to phone us with any questions or concerns about your oral health. We're just 45 minutes from Baltimore or Washington, DC, and we're fully equipped and experienced to help you! Our professional team includes general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Alex Sin Deuk Kim, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Steven Tigani.
Are you missing one or more teeth? Are you worried your remaining teeth will weaken? Is smiling just plain embarrassing? Why not consider restoring your smile with dental implants from Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD? Experts in everything from general dentistry to gum disease treatment to full mouth reconstruction, this professional team can give you back the smile you want and deserve.
What Is a Dental Implant?
It replaces a single tooth completely from root to crown. Comprised of a titanium screw surgically inserted into the jaw bone, a metal alloy extension post, and a realistic porcelain crown, a dental implant faithfully imitates the appearance and oral function of a natural tooth. Plus, used in combination with bridgework or a full denture, dental implants can breathe new life into a heavily damaged smile.
The American Association of Endodontists says that dental implants last for decades and are highly reliable. This is because the jaw bone actually bonds to the titanium implant through something called osseointegration. Over time, supporting bone strengthens and increases in size and density, as opposed to other tooth replacements (such as conventional fixed bridgework or dentures) that just sit on top of the gums and hold the possibility of weakening the jawbone.
Requirements for Dental Implant Placement
At Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD, our team of oral surgeons, periodontists, general doctors and prosthodontists work together to develop a treatment plan and place dental implants in patients who have good systemic health and enough bone in their jaws to accept the implant devices. They carefully examine teeth, gums, and bone structure through an eyes-on examination, digital X-rays, and special three-dimensional scans. They'll formulate a care plan suited to your needs and desires.
A Versatile Tooth Replacement
Dental implants offer great hope for patients with advanced diseases of the mouth, such as oral cancer. After remaking supporting bone and gum tissue after cancer surgery, many patients qualify for placement of dental implants as part of their full mouth reconstructions. Additionally, people with advanced tooth decay, failing restorations, or damage due to oral injury (falls and motor vehicle accidents) may take advantage of dental implants.
Caring for Implants
It's not hard at all. If you're used to brushing twice a day and flossing daily as the American Dental Association recommends, you'll do well with implants. A nutritious diet keeps gums and bones healthy, as does smoking cessation. Smokers can qualify for implant placement. however, implant sites remain much healthier in a tobacco-free environment.
Find Out More
Enjoy a stable, beautiful smile. Call Pearlfection Dentistry today for a consultation. We're just 45 minutes from Baltimore or Washington, DC, and our professional team includes general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Alex Sin Deuk Kim, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani.
Whether you’re a preteen or an adult, orthodontic treatment can have a major positive impact on your smile. More adult Americans are opting for braces than ever before, as they comprise approximately 27 percent of all orthodontic patients according to the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). Read below to learn more about the benefits of seeing your Frederick and Urbana, MD, general, cosmetic and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Alex Sin Deuk Kim, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani for an orthodontic consultation.
About Orthodontic Treatment
Orthodontia is the science of moving and aligning the teeth. Although the teeth are normally firmly entrenched in the gumline, they can be moved slowly using pressure from an orthodontic device. Orthodontics also help to realign the jaw when there is an overbite, underbite, open bite, or when the bite is crossed. Every patient's orthodontic treatment plan is unique and carefully mapped out by a dentist. The recommended treatment type and length of treatment will depend on the severity of the patient's orthodontic problems.
Benefits of Orthodontics
The main benefit of orthodontic treatment is that your teeth will be aligned in a more attractive way. It can close gaps, whether they are between all of the teeth or just the front ones. It can tame protruding teeth so that they fit in with the others, or realign those that are crowded. Choosing orthodontic treatment with your Frederick, MD, dentist is a sign to others that you care enough about your smile to make an investment in it.
When most people think of orthodontics, they imagine wearing rigid metal braces and brackets. But there are a few alternate options. Ceramic braces have a color that more closely matches the color of the teeth, so they are less visible during the treatment period. Lingual braces are attached behind the teeth so that only the patient knows they’re there. But when a patient requires maximum flexibility and discretion during an orthodontic treatment, Tigani Orthodontic Aligners aligners should be inquired about. For more complex cases, traditional metal braces may still be the best option available.
Make Time for a Visit
Now that you know more about the benefits of orthodontics, make time to see a dentist for a consultation in the very near future. Call (301) 663-5550 today to schedule an appointment at Pearlfection Dentistry of Frederick in Frederick and Urbana, MD. We are just 45 minutes from Washington, DC and Baltimore and serve patients from all over Hagerstown and Germantown, MD
Find out how restorative dentistry can breathe new life into your smile.
Are you dealing with a weak or damaged tooth? If so, our Frederick and Urbana, MD, general, cosmetic and restorative dentists general, cosmetic and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Alex Sin Deuk Kim, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani are here to tell you how a dental crown could be the quick fix you need to get your smile back in shape.
In most cases, the purpose of this tooth-shaped restoration is to cover and support a weak or damaged tooth. A crown is often all you need to strengthen the natural tooth’s structure after it’s been affected by decay, trauma or an infection. While a decayed tooth is often treated with a dental filling, if the decay isn’t caught soon enough and has enough time to spread throughout the tooth then a dental filling may not be enough to support the tooth. When this happens, a dental crown is the best option.
Of course, if a bad fall or sports injury cracks or fractures your tooth then a dental crown may also need to be placed over the tooth to rebuild and protect it from further damage. As you might imagine, a weak tooth is susceptible to further problems down the road if left untreated. Not to mention, having a tooth that is clearly broken or fractured is unflattering. By getting a dental crown from our Frederick and Urbana, MD, dentists we can improve not just the function and strength of the tooth but also the shape and size, too.
Which brings us to something else that a dental crown can do for your smile. It can also enhance the appearance of a tooth and improve the symmetry and look of your smile. Think about it: if you have a tooth that is disfigured or discolored it often stands out, and not in a good way. By placing a dental crown over the tooth we can also improve its color, shape and size.
Dental crowns are also instrumental in treating tooth loss. If you decide that you want to get a dental implant to replace a single missing tooth, then a dental crown will be necessary to complete this restoration. Once this implant is in place, a dental crown is secured over top. Are you getting a dental bridge to replace a tooth? Dental crowns will also be used to support and hold the false tooth in place.
Here at Pearlfection Dentistry, we believe that everyone should feel confident smiling. If you are looking for reliable general, cosmetic or restorative dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD, then give us a call today. We are conveniently located only 45 minutes away from Washington DC and 45 minutes from Baltimore, and proudly serve patients from the Hagerstown and Germantown area.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.