The PearlFection Blog
Posts for: January, 2019
Frederick Area Dental Practice is the #1 Reviewed Dentist in the State of Maryland
On January 17th 2019 PearlFection Dentistry crossed a milestone. They became the first dentist in the State of Maryland and perhaps in the United States to cross the 500th review on Google, while maintaining a 5-star rating. It took them 8 year to accomplish this goal.
How did they accomplish this feat, when industry statistics say an average person is 10 times more likely to write a negative review on-line than a positive review and when so many people have a fear of dentists?
We went searching for answers as to what makes PearlFection Dentistry different and here’s what we learned about the practice:PearlFection Dentistry have never paid a patient to write a review
- For 8 years PearlFection Dentistry has maintained a 4.9-star review on Google
- PearlFection’s has 9 dentists working at the practices including four general dentists, an endodontist, an oral surgeon, an orthodontist, a periodontist and a prosthodontist and every one of these doctors has received 5-star reviews. Having all these specialists means PearlFection Dentistry almost never needs to send a patient to an outside specialist, because all dental work can be done at the same place.
- PearlFection Dentistry is open 6 days per week and one of their practices, in either Urbana Maryland or Frederick Maryland is open approximately 12 hours per day and they do dental care on Saturdays and weekends
- PearlFection’s dental team is obsessed with customer service, from the first phone call to making sure that they don’t overbook, patient’s time and care is of the utmost concern.
- PearlFection takes all PPO Insurances, including Delta Dental, Cigna and United Concordia
- In December of 2017 PearlFection Dentistry in Frederick opened a state-of-the-art dental facility on Thomas Johnson Drive with 14 operatories and 2 surgical suites. The practice grew over the years and needed more room. They moved from 196 Thomas Johnson Drive, where they had been for approximately 20 years, to just down the road to 60 Thomas Johnson Drive. The practice bought the new building so they could control their own destiny and designed it, the parking area and landscaping and views with patient comfort in mind.
- PearlFection Dentistry can perform all levels of sedation dentistry for Frederick Maryland and Urbana Maryland regional patients including IV sedation, oral sedation and nitrous oxide sedation.
- PearlFection Dentistry treats pediatric patients, adults, and seniors. Many of the nursing homes in Frederick send their residence to PearlFection Dentistry for care.
- PearlFection Dentistry tries to reserve same day dentistry open slots for emergency patients. It’s not always possible but emergencies are given preferential treatment.
- PearlFection Dentistry is owned by their local doctors and has rejected offers by corporate, Wall Street types for any type of buyout because the owner doctors believe that corporate dentistry might sacrifice quality of dental care
- PearlFection Dentistry does not let insurance companies dictate treatment of patients and has successfully remained independent from State and private insurance carriers
With these facts under our belt, we caught up with Stewart Stringer, PearlFection Dentistry’s general manager and asked him, “Why, in this age of insurance driven healthcare, is PearlFection Dentistry able to provide such high-quality dental care, at fees below the regional average, and with such high customer satisfaction that you have over 500 reviews on Google?”
Stew’s answer was, “It’s pretty simple, we have a great team, totally dedicated to an exception customer experience.”
We continued, “but certainly lot of dental practices have great teams, what makes you different.”
Stew answered, “Over the past 8 years, we have worked to bring together the best general dentists, the best hygienists, the best oral surgeons, the best orthodontists, the best periodontists, the best prosthodontists and the best endodontists, we eventually hit a tipping point, where it all jelled and almost all our dentistry was performed under one roof, by a team that was in constant communication, what happened next was simple exception dental care. The doctors knew each other’s style and the result was some of the best dentistry in Maryland and for that matter in the region. We don’t cut corners when it comes to care. We use the best equipment, the best labs and the best doctors and the result is great dental care. The beneficiaries are our patients. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great dentists and specialists in this area, and we sometimes refer to them, but we have a unique practice.”
Some dental practices are content with a solid doctor team, but PearlFection Dentistry goes beyond that. Each front desk member, each assistant and each hygienist spend hours and hours in training to not only provide great professional work but also exception customer service. At PearlFection Dentistry, it’s a total experience, from the first phone call to establish a new patient, to the clinical results, we want to provide an exception experience.
Sign me up! 500 patients who took time out of their busy schedule to write a review and tell the world about this hidden gem, right in our little town of Frederick and Urbana Maryland, can’t be wrong.
If you want to schedule an appointment at PearlFection Dentistry for either general dentistry, emergency dentistry, orthodontic or braces, wisdom teeth extractions, crowns, bridges, tooth whitening, even root canals or Botox, give them a call, Frederick’s phone number is (301) 663-5550 Urbana’s Phone number is (301) 831-8303.
When you're in dental pain, all you want is relief. At Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD, we offer fast and accurate emergency dentistry in a compassionate, state-of-the-art environment. If you have an urgent dental problem, contact our office right away for first aid advice and a same-day appointment. Read below for information about various dental emergencies and how you can respond.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Severe pain, compromise of oral function, or the appearance of hard to control bleeding all constitute a dental emergency. Most can be handled by your emergency dental care team at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD.
Here are some examples of dental emergencies and how you can care for them on your way to seeing your dentist at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick:
- Avulsed Tooth: Accidental injury may knock a tooth out of its socket. However, if replanted by your dentist within the hour, that tooth can sometimes be saved. Rinse the tooth with clear water, put its roots down into the socket, and hold it in place on your way to see the dentist. If you cannot replace it, put the tooth in a sealed container, and cover it with milk, water, or saliva.
- Chipped Tooth: If possible, save the pieces; your dentist may be able to bond them in place with tooth-colored composite resin. More extensive damage could require a porcelain crown.
- Broken Orthodontic Wire or Loose Bracket: Use orthodontic wax to cover the rough edges, and bring the appliance to Pearlfection Dentistry for repair.
- A throbbing Toothache: Take over the counter acetaminophen or ibuprofen (not aspirin). Apply ice to the jaw to reduce swelling as needed.
- Broken Denture or Lost Filling or Crown: Bring the denture or restoration to the dental office for repair.
- Foreign Material Lodged Between Teeth: Try to dislodge it with dental floss. If this doesn't work, see your dentist as soon as possible.
A Word of Advice
Children, in particular, suffer a lot of dental emergencies in falls and sports mishaps. If possible, keep a small dental emergency kit on hand containing gauze, bottled water, dental floss, resealable plastic bags, and vinyl gloves. To be extra prepared, put Pearlfection Dentistry's phone number in your contacts for quick reference.
Contact Us Today!
At Pearlfection Dentistry, we want you to phone us with any questions or concerns about your oral health. We're just 45 minutes from Baltimore or Washington, DC, and we're fully equipped and experienced to help you! Our professional team includes general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Alex Sin Deuk Kim, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Steven Tigani.