The PearlFection Blog
Posts for: May, 2020
How Invisalign treatment from your dentists in Urbana and Frederick, MD, can help your smile
Have you been thinking about orthodontics? If so, you and your smile need to discover the latest type of orthodontic treatment, Invisalign. Instead of brackets and wires, this revolutionary orthodontic treatment uses plastic appliances called aligners.
Located in Urbana and Frederick, MD, and led by general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists, Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, oral surgeons Dr. Brian Chang and Dr. Leo Perez, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani, pediatric dentist Dr. Leslie Oakes, and endodontist Dr. Patik Patel, PearlFection Dentistry offers a wide variety of dental services, including Invisalign orthodontic treatment to help your smile—read on to learn more.
What Invisalign can do for you
Your Invisalign treatment begins with your first set of aligners, which you wear for two weeks, then you move up to a new set of aligners, which you wear for another two weeks. You keep advancing to a new set of aligners every two weeks until your treatment is complete. Invisalign treatment takes between nine and fifteen months, and you will see your dentist every few weeks to monitor your progress.
Invisalign can treat many of the same issues as conventional brackets and wires, including:
- Overbite and underbite
- Crossbite and open bite
- Tooth rotation and crowding
- Closing gaps between your teeth
So, why choose Invisalign? Due to how the aligners are made of clear plastic, Invisalign offers discreet treatment that is virtually undetectable to the people around you. All those people will see is your beautiful smile!
Invisalign is also comfortable, because the aligners are smooth, with no sharp parts to irritate your soft tissue.
You can also remove your Invisalign aligners, allowing you to continue enjoying the foods you love and maintain your previous oral hygiene routine.
Interested? Give us a call
You and your smile deserve to enjoy the benefits of Invisalign orthodontic treatment. Now, you can achieve a straight, beautiful smile quicker and easier than you’ve ever thought possible, thanks to Invisalign. To learn more about what Invisalign can do for you and your smile, call one of Pearlfection Dentistry's offices in either Urbana or Frederick, MD, today:
- Urbana - (301) 831-8303
- Frederick - (301) 663-5550
Saying 'cheese!' to the camera isn't easy for everyone. Poorly aligned jaws, crooked, crowded and missing teeth, or a bad bite can be embarrassing. Located in Urbana and Frederick, MD, and led by general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists, Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, oral surgeons Dr. Brian Chang and Dr. Leo Perez, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani, pediatric dentist Dr. Leslie Oakes, and endodontist Dr. Patik Patel, PearlFection Dentistry has the solution—orthodontic treatment.
Orthodontics corrects jaw and teeth alignment caused by various issues, including thumb-sucking, injury, or genetic inheritance. The optimal age to receive braces is between seven and 14 because facial structures are still developing. However, adults of all ages are still able to undergo orthodontic treatment at any point.
Types of Braces
- Metal Braces: These high-grade stainless steel braces come with bands that attach to the back molars and smaller metal brackets that are cemented to the front surfaces of teeth.
- Ceramic Braces: Similar to metal braces, these front-side teeth brackets are made of a translucent ceramic material, making them invisible to some degree.
- Lingual Braces: These braces are placed on the tongue side of the teeth and work like metal braces and ceramic braces, but in a more conspicuous way because of their unique position.
Caring for Your Smile After Orthodontic Treatment
- Wear retainers to preserve proper teeth alignment and disinfect retainers for optimal oral health.
- Avoid certain food items to completing treatment, like extra crunchy or chewy food.
- Get whitening treatment about a month after having braces removed to enhance the appearance of your teeth.
- Create a customized oral health care plan with your Frederick or Urbana dentist to get a thorough cleaning and check-up.
- Make sure to floss your teeth after meals and brush your teeth at least twice a day.
Would You Like to Speak With Your Dentist?
Orthodontic treatment restores a person's aesthetics, improves their self-esteem, and upgrades oral functionality. For more information on orthodontics, call PearlFection Dentistry in Frederick, MD, at (301) 663-5550, or for their Urbana office at (301) 831-8303.