The PearlFection Blog
Posts for: August, 2020
Would you like to look more youthful? Your Urbana MD dentists at Pearlfection Dentistry can help you achieve your goal with Botox treatments.
The advantages of Urbana Botox treatments
Botox injections may be a good option for you if want to:
- Decrease fine lines and wrinkles: During Botox injections, a tiny amount of the botulinum toxin is injected into your fine lines and wrinkles. The toxin temporarily blocks nerve impulses to the facial muscles, preventing them from moving when you make a facial expression. Blocking the impulses allows the skin over the muscles to smooth out and makes lines and wrinkles much less noticeable.
- Look more energetic: Do people ask you if you're tired or angry even though you're well-rested and in a perfectly good mood? Vertical lines between your eyes may be prompting the comments. Botox smooths these lines, offering an instant boost to your appearance.
- Wear forehead-baring hairstyles: There's no need to cover horizontal forehead furrows with bangs. In fact, after Botox treatment, you won't mind showing off your newly smooth forehead.
- Make crow's feet and lines around your lips virtually disappear: Crow's feet and lip lines can also make you look older than you feel. Fortunately, Botox treatments can tackle these lines too.
- Try a simple, reversible treatment: Botox injections only take a few minutes and won't change your face permanently. Results usually last three to six months, although you can extend your results by scheduling regular follow-up appointments.
Although your dentist may not be the first healthcare professional that comes to mind when you think about Botox injections, dentists are uniquely qualified to offer this cosmetic treatment. Dentists work with the muscles, nerves, and tissues in the face and neck every day.
They understand how to precisely place injections for optimum results and minimal pain. Best of all, you can combine Urbana Botox injections with a dental cleaning or teeth whitening treatment when you visit the Urbana area dental office.
Minimize your fine lines and wrinkles with Botox treatment at Pearlfection Dentistry. The Frederick MD office serves the entire Urbana MD area and can be reached by calling (301) 663-5550.
Dental implants offer a new approach to tooth restoration. Thanks to the innovative implant process, it's possible to create a brand new synthetic tooth that's firmly rooted in your jawbone. Your Frederick, MD dentist at Pearlfection Dentistry can help you decide if dental implants are a good option for you.
What dental implants can do for your smile
Like any good restoration method, dental implants fill the gaps in your smile. A full smile is essential to your self-esteem and your oral health. When you have missing teeth, whether you've lost one tooth or all of them, you may find yourself reluctant to socialize or explore new career opportunities. Dental implants give you brand new teeth that look and function just like the teeth you lost. Your new tooth will allow you to chew normally and comfortably and will prevent your other teeth from shifting.
Each new tooth includes the implant, a connector called an abutment and a crown. Your implants serve as the roots of your new teeth and are attached to crowns with the abutments. Crowns are restorations that replace the visible parts of your teeth.
How dental implants work
During your first implant visit to the Frederick MD dental office, you'll undergo minor oral surgery to implant tiny titanium posts in your jawbone. Bio-compatible titanium bonds to your jawbone and ensures that your new roots are firmly attached to the bone. Of course, you'll receive a local anesthetic before the procedure begins and won't feel any pain.
Once you've healed and the implants have bonded to your jawbone, the abutments will be added to the tops of the implants. At this stage, your Frederick, MD dentist will also make an impression of your mouth that will be used for crown creation. You'll return to the office in a few weeks for the final step in the process - the attachment of the crowns to the implants.
You'll be able to eat a variety of foods with your new teeth and won't have to worry about a loss of biting power, which can be an issue after tooth replacement. In addition to enhancing your appearance, dental implants also help keep your jawbone strong and prevent the bone from shrinking.
Your new implants become a permanent part of your jawbone as soon as bonding occurs. With regular brushing and flossing, you can expect your dental implants to last your entire life.
Are you ready for a brand new smile with the help of dental implants? Call Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick MD at (301) 663-5550 to schedule your appointment.