The PearlFection Blog
Posts for: September, 2021
Here’s why you shouldn’t ignore gaps in your smile.
We know that dealing with tooth loss can be traumatic all on its own, but we also know that it’s important not to ignore this issue. These days, our Frederick, MD, dentists offer a wide range of options to replace missing teeth. One popular solution is dental implants. This artificial tooth is the next best thing to your real teeth.
Why You Should Replace Missing Teeth
Whether you’ve just had a tooth extracted or you had a tooth fall out that you weren’t able to save, it’s important that you don’t leave that gap in your smile. One of the first calls you make should be to our Frederick, MD, dental team to find out if dental implants are right for you. Here are some of the downfalls of ignoring your tooth loss,
- Teeth drift into the open gap in your smile, causing more spacing issues and bite problems
- Trouble properly chewing food, which can also impact digestion and proper nutrition (people with tooth loss often deal with nutritional deficiencies)
- The jawbone loses density and shrinks
- As a result of jawbone loss, the face shape will also change leading to sunken cheeks and sagging skin
- You may also develop TMJ disorder, a painful jaw joint disorder, due to a misaligned smile
- Speech problems such as lisps may occur due to gaps between teeth
Since the jawbone can lose a significant amount of density just in the first year alone after tooth loss, it’s important that you seek professional care to find out if dental implants or other tooth replacement options are right for you.
Why Choose Pearlfection Dentistry to Replace Missing Teeth
Here at Pearlfection Dentistry, we are dedicated to providing our patients with all the care and dental services they need under one roof. That’s why we have an entire team of dental providers including endodontists, periodontists, and orthodontists. We make it easy to get the care you need here in Frederick, MD, whether you want dental implants or braces.
We also believe that dental care should be for everyone. If you’ve been on the fence about getting implants or other dental care because of the cost, ask us about our very own insurance plans that could help you save money while saving your smile.
With an office in Frederick, MD, Pearlfection Dentistry and its dentists are proud to also serve Hagerstown and Germantown, MD. To schedule a consultation to find out if dental implants are right for you, call us at (301) 663-5550.