Have Your Emergency Handled By A Professional
When you're in dental pain, all you want is relief. At Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD, we offer fast and accurate emergency dentistry in a compassionate, state-of-the-art environment. If you have an urgent dental problem, contact our office right away for first aid advice and a same-day appointment. Read below for information about various dental emergencies and how you can respond.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Severe pain, compromise of oral function, or the appearance of hard to control bleeding all constitute a dental emergency. Most can be handled by your emergency dental care team at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD.
Here are some examples of dental emergencies and how you can care for them on your way to seeing your dentist at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick:
- Avulsed Tooth: Accidental injury may knock a tooth out of its socket. However, if replanted by your dentist within the hour, that tooth can sometimes be saved. Rinse the tooth with clear water, put its roots down into the socket, and hold it in place on your way to see the dentist. If you cannot replace it, put the tooth in a sealed container, and cover it with milk, water, or saliva.
- Chipped Tooth: If possible, save the pieces; your dentist may be able to bond them in place with tooth-colored composite resin. More extensive damage could require a porcelain crown.
- Broken Orthodontic Wire or Loose Bracket: Use orthodontic wax to cover the rough edges, and bring the appliance to Pearlfection Dentistry for repair.
- A throbbing Toothache: Take over the counter acetaminophen or ibuprofen (not aspirin). Apply ice to the jaw to reduce swelling as needed.
- Broken Denture or Lost Filling or Crown: Bring the denture or restoration to the dental office for repair.
- Foreign Material Lodged Between Teeth: Try to dislodge it with dental floss. If this doesn't work, see your dentist as soon as possible.
A Word of Advice
Children, in particular, suffer a lot of dental emergencies in falls and sports mishaps. If possible, keep a small dental emergency kit on hand containing gauze, bottled water, dental floss, resealable plastic bags, and vinyl gloves. To be extra prepared, put Pearlfection Dentistry's phone number in your contacts for quick reference.
Contact Us Today!
At Pearlfection Dentistry, we want you to phone us with any questions or concerns about your oral health. We're just 45 minutes from Baltimore or Washington, DC, and we're fully equipped and experienced to help you! Our professional team includes general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Alex Sin Deuk Kim, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Steven Tigani.