The Benefits Of Dental Implants
It’s time to find out how you could benefit from getting dental implants.
If you are dealing with one or more missing teeth then chances are pretty good that you are doing your online research to figure out what dental restoration could restore your smile and replace those teeth. The staff at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD, general dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Amadeus Lopez, and Dr Melanie Smith, as well as our oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Jennifer Smith - understand that you have a lot of choices; however, it’s important to know just how advantageous getting dental implants can be for your oral health.
Why get dental implants?
A dental implant is a great option for any adult who is missing one or more teeth. A dental implant is designed to not only look but also function like real teeth so that you’ll get a new tooth that blends seamlessly with the rest of your smile. No one will even know that you have a dental implant.
What are the benefits to getting dental implants in Frederick and Urbana?
While you do have other options from which to choose, many healthy individuals find that dental implants are truly the best way to replace their teeth because dental implants can:
- Restore chewing
- Make it easier to speak (severe tooth loss can affect speech)
- Improve your appearance
- Prevent teeth from shifting out of place
- Prevent jawbone deterioration
- Protect and support the facial muscles to prevent premature sagging
- Last a lifetime, if you care for your smile properly
- Provide superior durability and comfort
Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
Most adults dealing with tooth loss can be great candidates for this treatment. Of course, here are some situations that could prevent you from being a good candidate for implants:
- You have unmanageable or untreated gum disease
- You have chronic health conditions that aren’t under control
- You have a weakened or suppressed immune system
- You are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant
- You are a smoker who doesn’t plan on quitting prior to treatment
- You are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
If you want to find out more about dental implants and whether they are right for you, then it’s time to call Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana, MD. Let us help you achieve that gorgeous smile.