The Smile Problems That Orthodontics Can Treat
Dentists at Pearlfection Dentistry in the Urbana and Frederick, MD, area provide patients with more than just braces. It's a chance to make a great first impression with shiny and straight teeth! You can finally do the everyday things that were difficult before. All you have to do is schedule your appointment with Pearlfection Dentistry today.
More About Braces
Braces are metal oral appliances that gradually move malpositioned teeth to their proper places. People can expect to wear braces for about two years and visit their dentist in the Urbana and Frederick, MD, area regularly to ensure proper progression. Adults need to wear braces longer than children because their jawbone has already developed. Children can start wearing braces between the ages of 7-14 because it's easier to manipulate tooth orientation.
Problems Requiring Orthodontic Treatment
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth
- Large gaps between teeth
- Overbite or overjet, which is when the upper front teeth overlap lower teeth too much, either vertically or horizontally.
- Underbite, which is when the upper front teeth bite behind the lower ones
- Other jaw misalignment problems
How to Protect Teeth and Braces
- Cut down on sugary and starchy foods and beverages.
- Brush thoroughly and regularly.
- Use a fluoride rinse to prevent cavities.
- Floss between braces and underwires to remove food particles.
- Drink plenty of water and swish it around in your mouth to eliminate food.
- Avoid sticky foods that get stuck in braces.
- Avoid hard or crunchy foods that may break braces.
- Visit your dentist for checkups and cleaning.
Do you want to speak to a dentist?
Dentists at Pearlfection Dentistry in Urbana and Frederick, MD, offer patients orthodontic treatment to help improve their lives. If you'd like to learn more about braces and if it's the right choice for you, then don't hesitate to contact your dentist at (301) 663-5550 today!