Which Orthodontic Treatment Is Right For You?
Orthodontics from your dentists in Frederick, MD, can improve your smile.
Have you been thinking about straightening your smile? If so, you probably have been thinking about which orthodontic treatment is right for you. Each type of orthodontic treatment has advantages, and your dentist or orthodontist can help you decide.
Your doctors at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick, MD, offer comprehensive general, cosmetic, specialty, and orthodontic dental care, to improve your smile.
Now that you’ve decided to take the important step of straightening your smile, let’s take a quick look at how a straight smile helps you. A straight smile will:
- Enhance your appearance, because a straight smile is more eye-catching and appealing
- Boost your self-esteem, because you know you look your best
- Improve your chewing ability, which aids your digestion and benefits your overall health
- Improve your oral health, because straight teeth are much easier to keep clean with brushing and flossing
So, which orthodontic treatment is right for you? Let’s talk about your options:
Conventional braces- which consist of brackets and wires are the tried-and-true choice and are often an excellent option for more complex cases. They can be customized to give you a more discreet look. You can choose from:
- Ceramic braces, with ceramic brackets and tooth-colored wires
- Metal braces, with metal brackets and wires
- Lingual braces, which are bonded to the back surfaces of your teeth
Aligners- which are dental appliances. You wear the aligners for a couple of weeks and then move on to the second set of aligners, which you wear for another couple of weeks. You keep progressing to new sets of aligners as your teeth gradually and comfortably move.
The dentists of Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick, MD, can help you achieve the straight, beautiful smile you deserve. To find out more about which orthodontic treatment is right for you, call Pearlfection Dentistry at (301) 663-5550. Get started on your new smile by calling the office of our Urbana, MD, general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists, Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist, Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon, Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist, Dr. Pratik Patel, Dr. Leo Perez DDS and MD (Board Certified Oral Surgeon and General Surgeon), Dr. Leslie Oakes DDS - Board Certified Pediatric Dentist, and orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani.