The PearlFection Blog
Posts for tag: Botox
If you're considering getting an implant, you'll most certainly have questions for Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick, MD. You might be wondering how a dental implant compares to a real tooth. Let's look at some of the differences between implants and natural teeth.
It should be noted that one of the primary goals of implant dentistry is to try to provide the same form and function as your natural teeth. However, with that in mind, know that an implant is not a tooth. An implant does not decay and does not have dental pulp or periodontal membrane-like teeth.
An implant won't always work in every case, but they do have some great advantages when they are called for.
Some advantages of an implant:
- Often last for decades without needing to be replaced
- Create a functional and aesthetically pleasing replacement for your missing tooth
- Don't require surrounding teeth for support
- Do not decay like natural teeth
- Can be fixed or removable
- Can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth
There are downsides to implants where natural teeth win out. The disadvantages of implants include:
- Higher cost compared to traditional dentistry
- It's a surgical procedure that requires a period of healing afterward
- Fracturing of fixtures and loosening of screws can occur (only in about 5% of patients)
- Since there is no cushion between the implant and the bone, the fracturing of crowns and bridges is more common with implants than with natural teeth, though this is rare.
It's best to speak with Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick, MD, about your options regarding implants. Let us know what you want to achieve and we'll work with you as best we can to accomplish that. And don't hesitate to contact our office at 301-663-5550.
Our wonderful staff: Our general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, Dr. Alex Sin Deuk Kim, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani.
Would you like to look more youthful? Your Urbana MD dentists at Pearlfection Dentistry can help you achieve your goal with Botox treatments.
The advantages of Urbana Botox treatments
Botox injections may be a good option for you if want to:
- Decrease fine lines and wrinkles: During Botox injections, a tiny amount of the botulinum toxin is injected into your fine lines and wrinkles. The toxin temporarily blocks nerve impulses to the facial muscles, preventing them from moving when you make a facial expression. Blocking the impulses allows the skin over the muscles to smooth out and makes lines and wrinkles much less noticeable.
- Look more energetic: Do people ask you if you're tired or angry even though you're well-rested and in a perfectly good mood? Vertical lines between your eyes may be prompting the comments. Botox smooths these lines, offering an instant boost to your appearance.
- Wear forehead-baring hairstyles: There's no need to cover horizontal forehead furrows with bangs. In fact, after Botox treatment, you won't mind showing off your newly smooth forehead.
- Make crow's feet and lines around your lips virtually disappear: Crow's feet and lip lines can also make you look older than you feel. Fortunately, Botox treatments can tackle these lines too.
- Try a simple, reversible treatment: Botox injections only take a few minutes and won't change your face permanently. Results usually last three to six months, although you can extend your results by scheduling regular follow-up appointments.
Although your dentist may not be the first healthcare professional that comes to mind when you think about Botox injections, dentists are uniquely qualified to offer this cosmetic treatment. Dentists work with the muscles, nerves, and tissues in the face and neck every day.
They understand how to precisely place injections for optimum results and minimal pain. Best of all, you can combine Urbana Botox injections with a dental cleaning or teeth whitening treatment when you visit the Urbana area dental office.
Minimize your fine lines and wrinkles with Botox treatment at Pearlfection Dentistry. The Frederick MD office serves the entire Urbana MD area and can be reached by calling (301) 663-5550.