The PearlFection Blog
Posts for tag: Orthodontic Treatment
While you may perceive braces as a way to an attractive smile, also consider this: orthodontic treatment confers health benefits, too. At PearlFection Dentistry in Urbana and Frederick, MD, orthodontics is one of several dental services. Our on-staff orthodontist who splits his time between our two locations, Dr. Stephen Tigani, can show you how your looks and your health can improve through a plan customized to your needs.
Your best path to a healthy, functional smile
For some people, it's orthodontic treatment. The American Association of Orthodontists says that a re-aligned smile is good-looking and also represents inner health and some dramatic changes in both soft and hard tissues. The goal of wearing any orthodontic appliances is aesthetic and functional harmony and balance.
So, what kind of health benefits can you expect from conventional metal, ceramic, or tongue-side braces, clear acrylic aligners or a specialty device such as a palatal expander? Consider these benefits of orthodontics in Urbana and Frederick, MD:
- A proper dental bite where teeth line up symmetrically front to back and side to side
- More efficient chewing and therefore, a healthier digestive process (fewer acid reflux symptoms)
- Correction of jaw joint issues (TMJ/TMD) which cause headaches, earaches and other kinds of facial pain
- Clearer speech
- Teeth which are easier to clean and are less susceptible to decay and gum disease
- More symmetrical facial contours, eliminating protruding front teeth or a receding chin line as examples
- Better oral hygiene habits because wearing braces forces you to be careful as you brush and floss
- Better dietary habits because you cannot eat sticky, sugary foods while wearing conventional braces
- Less wear and tear on tooth enamel as braces correct persistent problems such as teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism)
- Increased psychological well-being because you can be confident and happy in showing your newly refurbished smile in both professional and social situations
Take the first step
Contact PearlFection Dentistry to ask any questions about orthodontics or for an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Stephen Tigani. He and his team treat patients of all ages, offering care plans which address the simplest of issues in young children to the most complex of problems which require oral surgery. Dr. Tigani delivers clear aligners, too, for comfortable and invisible treatment in less time.
Call today, won't you? Feel healthier and look your best. Call the office of our Urbana and Frederick, MD, general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists, Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, oral surgeons Dr. Brian Chang and Dr. Leo Perez, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani, pediatric dentist Dr. Leslie Oakes, and endodontist Dr. Patik Patel at (301) 663-5550.